2021 entry form and information
The Urunga Small Sculpture Prize is an award for original, freestanding or wall mounted sculpture of up to 50cm in any dimension.
The Urunga Small Sculpture Prize is hosted by the Urunga Mylestom Chamber of Commerce and the Urunga Art Space.
First Prize: $5000
Second Prize: $1000
People’s Choice: $1000
Conditions of entry
1. For the purpose of the Urunga Small Sculpture Prize, sculpture is defined as a freestanding, non-site specific, three-dimensional object or a wall-mounted object. Wall mounted work will, at a minimum, be required to demonstrate low relief, and be fitted with a suitable hanging system.
2. Entries should not exceed 50cm in any dimension, and must have a stable base. The overall weight must not exceed 20kg and must allow for ease of mobility.
3. All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and must have been designed or completed within one year prior to July 2021.
4. There is no limit to the number of entries an artist can submit. A separate application form and entry fee must accompany each entry. Only one work per artist may be shown in the exhibition.
5. A non-refundable entry fee of $50 must accompany each entered work. Entry fees contribute towards the cost of staging the Prize.
6. Sculptures may be offered for sale. Sales commission of 25% will apply to all works sold.
To download the entry form and fill in manually
Entries open: 14th June 2021
Entries close: 6pm, 23rd July 2021
Announcement of finalists: 1st August 2021
Delivery of selected work: 9th August 2021
Opening Night and announcement of First and Second Prizes: 14th August 2021
Exhibition dates: 14th August – 12 September 2021
Pick up of unsold work: 13th September
There will be two rounds of judging. The first round will be a pre-selection process by a qualified panel.
It is anticipated that approximately 40 sculptures will be selected for the exhibition by the pre-selection process. A further 40 sculptures will be displayed in a Salon des Refusés, which will run concurrently with the main exhibition.
Judges will decide the winners of the 2021 Urunga Small Sculpture Prize from the works selected for exhibition.
The 2021 Urunga Small Sculpture Prize winners will be announced at the opening of the exhibition.
The People’s Choice Award will be announced following the conclusion of the exhibition.